Weldco Heavy Industries (WHI) is a large steel fabrication and repair facility located in the Fort MacKay Caribou Energy Park. Strategically positioned in the heart of Alberta’s Oil Sands, WHI is able to effectively meet the increasing requirements for large steel repair, assembly and refurbishment in this industry.
The 60,000 sq. ft. facility is well-equipped to support large equipment and components with the following:
- A 70-ton capacity mobile gantry crane for providing portable heavy-lifting (loading/unloading and carrying products into the shop)
- Two 100-ton cranes with 20-ton auxiliaries, designated for servicing large truck bodies
- Two 50-ton bridge cranes with 10-ton auxiliaries, used to support dipper bucket repairs, general fabrication, new body assembly and shipping of processed steel plate
- A 10-ton and a 20-ton crane for handling plate processing equipment
- A 2000-ton press brake with a 24’ bed for various procedures, from forming steel to supporting the pre-assembly of truck body walls
- A CNC burn table accommodates two 8’x24’ steel plates for all facets of the operation, from truck body rebuilds to custom plate burning
- A modified A30 truck with a custom 70-ton lo-boy trailer for transporting equipment on-site
MINING TRUCK BOX ASSEMBLY & REBUILDS
WHI assembles new bodies for mining trucks and refurbishes existing bodies for current and future fleet trucks operating in the Oil Sands. Working in consultation with customers, the work adheres to the strictest material grade requirements and welding specifications.
STEEL REPAIR & REBUIILD
Large dipper buckets, hydraulic shovels and booms are repaired and rebuilt to the highest standards. WHI accommodates the following types of projects:
- Repairing large capacity shovel buckets and track frames
- Rebuilding crawler dozer blades, large loader buckets and mining truck frames
We take pride in supporting a variety of charitable causes, such as the United Way and YMCA. If your charitable group is interested in receiving support from WHI, and the project or cause meets our giving guidelines, please apply online or download our application form.
Online Application (pdf)
People come first at WHI. To that end, we are committed to providing our people with comprehensive safety training to support our standing as a recognized industry leader. From job shadowing to mentorship programs, we provide new employees a gradual introduction to the work environment. We support ongoing professional development to keep pace with changing technologies and practices.
WHI is committed to operating in an economically, socially and environmentally sustainable manner while recognizing the interests of our stakeholders, customers, employees, business partners, local communities, environment and society at large.